Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy Very Much

This week I decided to teach my students a little bit about Christmas. It is a holiday that is not really celebrated here. After teaching some Christmas vocab, I had them all make Christmas cards. I was a little worried that they would think it was stupid but they absolutely LOVED it. They all go so in to it and really made some amazing cards. I was actually quite surprised that the students knew so much about Christmas. They knew words like Santa, reindeer and elf and their drawings completely blew me away. I hung up a few of my favorite cards in my office :)

A few of my students from one of my favorite classes actually took the time to write little messages instead of the standard “Merry Christmas” or “Happy New Year” Here is a sampling of their writing:

“Wish u happy with everything. Wish u have a good life and good health. In your stocking have…gift!”

“I wish you are merry Chrismas and happy in new year verry much”

“I whit everybody happy very much in Christmas day and new year”

“I wish your are happy very much and your family have a wall being so much”

I could not help but smile from ear to ear as my students handed in their cards and said “teacher, teacher we love you!” Teaching has been such a rollercoaster with really miserable classes followed by classes that make me smile and laugh. This was one of those classes that made me really appreciate teaching knowing that these kids actually enjoyed coming to my class and learning English. It also felt good to know that I am not a complete failure as an English teacher. A wonderful Christmas present!


No comments:

Post a Comment