Monday, December 6, 2010

Koh Chang

We had a 3 day weekend due to the King’s Birthday (Also Father's Day) so I decided to head to the Island of Koh Chang

I think I used just about every mode of transportation possible this weekend. Koh Chang was NOT easy to get to.  To get to the actual island we had to take an hour long ferry ride followed by an hour long song-tau ride up a winding mountain road (pretty interesting journey). The island was definitely worth it though. Koh Chang is one of the largest islands in Thailand and definitely fits my idea of what a tropical island in Thailand should look like. Rugged jungles, beautiful scenery, laid-back atmosphere and beaches that weren’t overcrowded. Definitely a tropical paradise.


Highlights of the trip:

1)      a short jungle hike to a beautiful waterfall
2)      renting a kayak and paddling out to a small nearby island
3)      the best meal I’ve had so far. Masaman curry is my new favorite dish.  Followed by coconut and mango sticky rice for dessert.  Total food coma. J 

It was such a nice relaxing weekend and I can’t wait to go back!  Now its time to transition back to teacher mode for three days before we get another long weekend.

We met a guy at our guest house who said that he had been on Koh Chang about 5 years ago and there was literally nothing there. He was surprised when he came back to see how much had been built. I wonder what it will look like in another 5 years?
  

2 comments:

  1. O Jenny,

    It's been snowing here for almost 3 weeks straight, and I am freezing my butt off, and then I get online see pictures of you on the beach in Thailand. I should have gone with you! What am I thinking!? O boy o boy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, It's minus 15 actual temp here this morning and your flower market photos are heavenly! Take care! Aunt Jeanne

    ReplyDelete