Sunday, March 6, 2011

Chiang Mai Part II

The last few days in Chaing Mai were spent exploring the city and relaxing. I signed up for another cooking class and learned how to make more of my favorite dishes including chicken with cashew, mango sticky rice and my new favorite dish paneng curry. So yummy. I really hope I can recreate these dishes at home! We also went on a night safarai which was basically a tour of the zoo at night. It was cool to see some of the animals that usually only come out at night.   
I also spent my time in Chiang Mai eating. A lot. Breakfasts were pankcakes and fresh fruit shakes, lunch consisted of sandwhiches and another new favorite dish, khao soi (noodles and curry). We discovered a really great vegetarian resturant with our hostel mate Jesse and had a delicious meal. We came back the next morning for breakfast. They had the best vegan cookies and soy ice cream. So much good food in Thailand! I feel like all I do is eat.  :)

Chiang Mai was a great city and I really enjoyed it. So many cute cafes and coffee shops. The people were so friendly and spoke amazing English. 

Next stop Chiang Rai!

No comments:

Post a Comment