Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Paradise

Trying desperately to escape the madness of Phuket we decided to head to Phi Phi. Truly one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. I had been anxious about getting to Phi Phi since I arrived in Thailand and it didn't disappoint.  It seriously looks like a postcard. I am having a really hard time coming up with the words to describe just how wonderful the island is. How white the sand on the beach is, what a beautiful color turquoise the water is, just how high the limestone cliffs jut out of the water. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to upload photos so if you are curious, do a google search of Maya Beach.

Amazing right? Look familiar? Its actually the beach featured in the movie "The Beach" starring Leonardo DiCaprio. Yeah, awesome, I know.

We spent a short two days in Phi Phi, which included a boat trip around the islands. We snorkeled in the clear blue water, saw monkeys on "monkey beach", got caught in a kayak during an epic rainstorm and overall enjoyed the beautiful scenery surrounding the island    Two days was not nearly enough and I hope to make it back! For now its on to Bali!! Can't believe I am going to two of the most beautiful places on earth in the same week! :)

I'm working hard on trying to post pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Epic. I can't wait to see your pictures! Think of us in the March funk while you are on the beach - maybe the good vibes will come our way!

    ReplyDelete