Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hong Kong

Hong Kong was great. One of my favorite “big cities”.   I was particular impressed with how clean the city is and how efficiently it runs. They have an amazing subway system that made traveling around the city convenient and easy. I was pretty lucky to be traveling with Olivia, who had lived in Hong Kong for a few months and is also fluent in Cantonese. She was able to show me around and introduce me to the Hong Kong hot spots

My time in Hong Kong was spent eating, attempting to shop (of course nothing in my size) and enjoying all the wonderful things Hong Kong has to offer.

Some highlights included a trip to the 55th floor of the IFC building (the tallest in HK) to see a gorgeous view of the city, riding the star ferry across the bay, taking a day trip to see the “Big Buddha”, and seeing the beautiful skyline at night. It was also great just to sit and people watch and observe  the hustle and bustle of daily life go by.  

 Hong Kong in a way was a nice transition home. It is more modern and definitely more expensive then the other place we have been so it won’t be such a shock when I get back. I fell in love with the city and hope to have the opportunity to go back someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment