Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bigger, Better and Brighter Things




The two week countdown has begun! As a friend recently told me, it’s on to bigger, better and brighter things. My to-do list is shrinking and I finally feel like things are falling into place. I am officially done with work so its time to focus on all of the important stuff. I had no idea that there was so much to do before leaving the country for six months, but there are certainly a lot of loose ends to tie up.

To prepare for my journey I recently bought a book on how to speak Thai. It seems like an impossible language and so far all I can say is hello, “Sawatdee”. I guess it's a start. I am going to attempt to learn a few phrases (and perhaps how to pronounce the name of the province where I will be living) before I leave. At least I can pronounce the name of the school where I will be teaching, and its not something like:
Bangplamasoongsumarnpadungwit (the name of a real school, no joke.) I don’t know how I will ever learn to speak this language!

“Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind”

1 comment:

  1. Oh my... I cannot believe that is the name of your school. No wonder you will have to hear it to learn it, my goodness!! Good luck... I would be up a creek without a paddle I am sure, but I know you can learn it!!

    ReplyDelete