Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Let the Packing Begin!

So, turns out packing for 6 months abroad is really difficult. I am stumped when it comes to what clothes to bring, what kind of shoes to wear and what other supplies I will need. Everything I have read and been told says not to pack a lot of stuff. You can buy everything over there and it will probably be cheaper. It just feels wrong to bring a half empty suitcase to the other side of the world. I have started packing the essentials so we will see how it turns out!

I am starting to get really anxious about leaving. I am ready to get on the plane already! I feel like I have been preparing for months now and I am ready to get started! I am not as nervous as I thought I would be, although  I still have a few more days for the jitters to arrive. I meet some people (through facebook) who are arriving around the same time and we are going to share a cab to the hotel together. I feel much better about arriving into Bangkok so late. I'm feeling good about things and can't wait to get on that plane!

"Own only what you can carry with you; know languages, know countries, know people. Let your memory be your travel bag"

No comments:

Post a Comment