Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy 2011!

Happy 2011!

Can I just say how incredibly lucky I am? I am getting PAID to LIVE in this BEAUTIFUL country. I seriously can’t get over it.

I also  have to say that I was a bit spoiled this weekend. I decided to go back to the island of Koh Chang. I met up with some friends and we stayed at the most amazing hotel. It was right on the beach and even had a roof top pool!!

On Friday, after spending the majority of the day lounging on the beach and swimming in the ocean, we decided to splurge on dinner. It’s New Years right? We found a Mexican restaurant and absolutely gorged ourselves on fajitas, burritos, nachos etc. It tasted SO good.  After dinner it was off to Lonely Beach for a gigantic New Years beach party. It was so much fun!

The next two days were spent being completely lazy. Lying on the beach and eating delicious food. Saturday night was Italian. I never knew pasta and pizza could taste so good.  On Sunday we went to Bang Bao which is a tiny fishing village at the southern tip of the island. It was such a cute town. We walked around, had lunch and then spent the rest of the afternoon at the pool.

Best. New Years. Ever.

If the first few days of the new year are any indication of how the rest of the year will go, I’d say its going to be a great year.  J   

2 comments:

  1. Hooray, Happy New Year Jenny!!

    Your beach pictures look amazing. I hope one day I can go back with you! I must admit, I'm pretty jealous of your New Years, we spent it inside at my parent's playing Monopoly and trying to keep out the -2 degree cold...

    I got your postcard, thank you so much! I hope to talk to you soon, I miss you terribly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I'm so glad you're having an awesome time!! You are such an amazing photographer :) I guess the gorgeous scenery helps out too!

    ReplyDelete