Sunday, January 30, 2011

True Beauty

Saturday I met up with some people from OEG and it was off to hike the Erawan waterfalls. After an uncomfortable two hour bus ride (I was standing up in the aisle the whole way) we arrived at the park. Erawan is a seven tiered waterfall and we couldn’t wait to get started on the hike.  All of the levels of the waterfall were incredibly beautiful and it was a really enjoyable hike. I couldn’t get over how pretty the falls were. Some of my pictures seriously look fake. After climbing all the way to the 7th tier (yay!) we headed back down to find a suitable place to swim. We stopped at the 5th tier and jumped in the icy cold water. It felt so refreshing after about 2 hours of hiking. I got a little freaked out about the fish though, not going to lie. There were lots of fish that would literally come up and nibble on your feet. I can’t believe you can actually pay to get a fish pedicure (you stick your feet in a big tank of these fish and they supposedly eat all the dead skin off you feet). No thank you. So after a few minutes of frantically keeping our limbs moving to avoid the fish, we climbed up onto a waterfall for a photo-op. After that we hiked down to the 4th tier where you can actually slide down the waterfall. I was hesitant at first because it looked a little scary, but I decided to do it (when in Thailand right?). I climbed up the huge rock and slid down. It was exhilarating. We continued our decent and caught the bus back to Kanchanburi (a much more comfortable ride). Such a fun day. Between the Erawan falls and Sangklaburi I would say this was one of my favorite weekends so far. Life is good.   

Oh yeah, there were also monkeys. Luckily they stuck to the tree tops and didn't come steal our stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment