Monday, April 11, 2011

Island Life

Coming back to Thailand from Bali was a bit of a downer. Apparently it had been raining in the south for about a week straight and there was lots of flooding. So bad that many people got stranded on Koh Tao and Koh Samui. Kind of put a damper on my plans as I was supposed to be heading back to the islands. Not wanting to go back to rainy weather in the islands, I attempted to hop on a flight to Singapore with two of my friends. Unfortunately I was unable to change my ticket on such short notice (AirAsia could possibly be the most frustrating thing ever). So I ended up on my scheduled flight to Phuket. My plan had been to go back to Phi Phi but due to the rain and rough seas, I had no such luck. My friend Rachel and I decided to hang out in Phuket (which seemed to have avoided any signs of flooding) for a few days until the weather cleared.

Patong beach was a little better this time. Not nearly as many people, probably due to the rain. We indulged in a few western comforts and enjoyed two days of being completely lazy. Finally the weather showed signs of clearing. Feeling a bit restless in Phuket I jumped on the ferry hoping Phi Phi would be nice and sunny.
I got my wish and spent two glorious days on the beautiful (and clean) beach. Soaking up the sun, exploring the island and drinking lots of delicious tropical fruit shakes. Life is good.

As much as I loved Phi Phi and honestly think it is one of the must beautiful places I have ever been, its expensive and touristy. So after two days on the island by myself, it was time to move on to a less popular, and hopefully less expensive island.

Enter Koh Lanta


No comments:

Post a Comment