Saturday, October 16, 2010

Roller Coaster

We went to the Grand Palace on Friday which is the most amazing place I have ever seen! It was built by the King of Thailand and dates back to the 1700's. Here is where they keep the Emerald Buddha, which is the most famous Buddha in Thailand. Only the King is allowed to touch the Buddha and they change his outfit 3 times a year depending on the season. It brings good luck to the people. I posted some pictures of the Grand Palace and some from Bangkok!

After touring the Grand Palace we had a welcome dinner were we met our school coordinators. I was surprised to learn that there is really no curriculum or text books so I am not really sure what I am going to be teaching.... From what we have learned so far Thai schools are very different from American schools so it is definitely going to be an adjustment. There are two other teachers at my school so that will be nice. I am not sure what to think but I am trying to keep an open mind!

Today is my last day in Bangkok. We are taking day trip outside the city tomorrow and then I will be picked up by my school on Tuesday. Excited to see where I will be living for the next 5 months! 

1 comment:

  1. Cool I love the photos! I hope that the teaching thing works out - the lack of structure makes me nervous. Hopefully when you get to your school you will have more information. =)

    ReplyDelete